Pepper, G.V. & Nettle, D. (2017) Strengths, altered investment, risk management, and other elaborations on the behavioural constellation of deprivation. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 40 (e346) [Link].
Pepper, G. V., Corby, D. H., Bamber, R., Smith, H., Wong, N., & Nettle, D. (2017). The influence of mortality and socioeconomic status on risk and delayed rewards: a replication with British participants. PeerJ, 5, e3580 [Link].
Pepper, G.V. & Nettle, D. (2017) The Behavioural Constellation of Deprivation: Causes and consequences. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 40 (e346)[Link].
Bulley, A. & Pepper, G.V. (2017) Cross-country relationships between life expectancy, intertemporal choice and age at first birth. Evolution and Human Behavior [Link].
Bulley, A., Pepper, G.V., & Suddendorf, T. (2017). Commentary on Van Lange et al.: Using foresight to prioritise the present. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 40(e79) 15-16 [Link].
McAllister, L.S., Pepper, G.V., Virgo, S. & Coall, D. A. (2016) The Evolved Psychological Mechanisms of Fertility Motivation: Hunting for Causation in a Sea of Correlation. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society, B [PDF]
Pepper, G.V. McAllister, L.S. & Sear, R. (2016) Why demography needs psychologists. The Psychologist 26(1) 26-29. [PDF]
Pepper, G.V. (2015) Cleaner, healthier streets: possible approaches and likely benefits. An evidence review written for the Newcastle City Council Public Health team, 1-27. [PDF]
Pepper, G.V. & Nettle, D. (2014) Out of control mortality matters: the effect of perceived extrinsic mortality risk on a health-related decision. PeerJ 2:e459 [PDF]
Schroeder, K.B., Pepper, G.V. & Nettle, D. (2014) Local norms of cheating and the cultural evolution of crime and punishment: a study of two urban neighbourhoods. PeerJ 2:e450 [Link]
Nettle, D., Pepper G.V., Jobling, R. et al. (2014) Being there: A brief visit to a neighbourhood induces the social attitudes of that neighbourhood. PeerJ. 2: e236 [Link]
Pepper, G. V. & Nettle, D. (2014). Socioeconomic disparities in health behaviour: An evolutionary perspective. In D. W. Lawson & M. Gibson (Eds.), Applied Evolutionary Anthropology: Darwinian Approaches to Contemporary World Issues. Springer. [View]
Pepper, G. V. & Nettle, D. (2013) Death and the time of your life: experiences of close bereavement are associated with steeper financial future discounting and earlier reproduction. Evolution and Human Behaviour, 34(6): 433-439 [Link] [Poster]
Pepper, G. V. (2007) – Changing the Face of Our Lives, Bulletin of the British Neuroscience Association, spring’07 [Download]
Pepper, G.V. & Roberts, S.C. (2006). Rates of Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy and dietary characteristics across populations. Proceedings. Royal. Society, B 273 2675-2679 [Link]
Recent invited talks:
- Invited talk, Ruhr University Bochum interdisciplinary workshop on public health, 2018.
- Invited plenary, at Institute of Advanced Studies workshop on ‘Computational modelling of decision-making across scales: from neural coding to policy-making’, 2018.
- Invited Seminar, Middlesex University, Department of Psychology, 2018
- National Centre for Research Methods workshops on experimental methods for the social sciences, 2016 & 2017
- Invited guest lecture, London School of Economics and Political Science on The Social Psychology of Health Communication module, 2017
- Invited Seminar, King’s College London, Health Psychology Section, 2017
- Invited seminar, Nottingham Trent University, Division of Psychology, 2017
- Invited Seminar, Durham University of Anthropology of Health Research Group, 2016
- Invited Seminar, University of Oxford Medical Anthropology Seminar Series, 2016
- Invited guest lecture, University of Liverpool Clinical and Health Psychology module, 2016
- Invited guest lecture, London School of Economics and Political Science on The Social Psychology of Health Communication module, 2016
- Invited Seminar, University College London biological anthropology seminar series, 2016
- Invited seminar, York University Social Minds talk series, 2015
- Invited seminar, Northumbria Psychology seminar series, 2015
- Invited presentation at the North East Evolutionary Psychology Conference, 2015
- Invited guest lecture, University of Liverpool Clinical and Health Psychology module, 2015
- Invited seminar, University of Liverpool Perception Research Group, 2015
- Invited workshop for Health Improvement Commissioners & Public Health workers from South Tees, 2014
- Invited seminar, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, 2014 [link]
- Invited presentation as part of the Liverpool Hope University as part of the Economic and Social Research Council Festival, 2013 [Watch the video]
- Invited Newcastle Health Psychology Group Workshop, 2014 [link]
Recent proffered talks:
- Presentation at a Fuse event on “The challenges and opportunities of embedded research in public health”, 2015
- Talk at the International Society for Evolution, Medicine & Public Health Inaugural Meeting, 2015 [watch the video]
- Guest lecture, Newcastle University Combined Studies module on Urban Poverty, 2014
- European Human Behaviour and Evolution Association Conference, 2014 [link]
- Newcastle University Institute of Neuroscience seminar series, 2014
- Newcastle University, Psychology seminar series, 2013
- Centre for Behaviour and Evolution seminar series, 2012
Recent poster presentations:
- Poster presentation at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the UK Society for Behavioural Medicine, 2015 [Poster]
- Poster presentation at the Institute of Neuroscience Postgraduate poster evening, 2013 [Poster]
- Poster presentation at the European Human Behaviour and Evolution Association conference, 2013
- Poster presentation at the Behaviour 2013, the International Conference for Ethology
- Poster presentation at the Centre for Behaviour and Evolution Conference, 2013